Taking therapy outside can be beneficial for so many reasons. Here are a few:
- Allows for social distancing/reduced risk of viral contamination in the current climate.
- Side to side communication more comfortable for some people.
- Time spent outside in nature has been shown to improve mood and enhance a sense of calmness.
- Benefits of moving our bodies to help connect with them at a deeper level.
- Allows for flexible approach to therapy (eg can incorporate mindfullness, sounds and smells, favourite vistas and creativity).
- Health benefits of walking.
I have risk assessed for certain routes. Please enquire for further information.